Why app not installed on your android device? Know potential reasons, causes and way to fix them. Regardless of your Android version whether it is android 11, 10, 9 or any other, you must have faced this app not installed problem on your android device when installing an android app apk or game apk. Sometimes you try to install games like Pubg or free fire but then again the error occured apk not installed on your android. Now in this post you will know all the possible solutions to this trouble.
While many users would prefer to have an app downloaded from external sources and installed manually in the Play Store, there can be a number for several reasons. Now most of the time you can successfully instal the app, but sometimes you get an error like “App not installed or could not install the app on the device.
However, because of the fact that a number of reasons may exist for a “App Not Installed” error, attempting to fix the problem on the internet may be both frustrating and ineffective. In this article I’ll explain the different reasons for the error, and I’ll also provide you with working solutions to fix that error.
App Not Installed APK Causes and How to Fix it.
This error may occur for a number of reasons, as I mentioned earlier. The following are the most common reasons, as well as their solutions. The cause of this error is:
1. The Application is Malfunctioning
A lot of users see the App Not Installed error for this reason. The issue is that the downloaded APK file is damaged by itself. For whatever reason, your downloaded app is missing some important data packets. This may be because your connection is bad, but it might also be because the apk file on the website was corrupted.
Ways to Avoid this Error
- If you are going to use the app, download it from a trusted and secure source to avoid potential problems. Because you could potentially encounter a malicious app that could damage your phone.
- Installing an app from an SD card or from within a directory occasionally causes issues during installation. Thus, all you have to do is move the downloaded APK file to the root directory of your device (within internal storage and not in any folder). Then, reinstall the app.
You’ll have to uninstall and reinstall the app if you don’t see a change after following the above steps and the problem remains. Then considered downloading the application from a trusted source like Apkpure or Apptoid.
2. No Storage Available
It’s also common for an App not installed apk error is due to a lack of available internal storage space. The vast majority of users believe that the apk file’s size represents the total size of the app. This is not the case, however. Actually, the apk file is the application itself in a package. The package installer expands the apk file, copies the additional files, and places it on your device when you instal the app.
Solution: Make Free Space
- It’s easy, you just need to free up memory on your device.
- In order to complete this step, you will need to remove a few applications that you do not use frequently. Choose Settings> Applications & Notifications>Choose Applications For a list of all installed apps, touch Apps, then tap the app you want to remove.
- Moving large files to your SD card or to some other storage media may help.
- Another thing to try is clearing the app cache from your device’s Phone Manager. Install a preinstalled Phone Manager from the Google Play store if your device doesn’t have one already.
- Install the app once you have the necessary storage space.
3. The App is Incompatible With The Android Version
The version of the app installed on your device will be the most stable when you download it from the Google Play Store. You could be downloading an app that your phone does not support when you download an app from any third party websites. You may get an app that your device does not support because of this. in addition, this could also result in the app not installed problem in android phones.
Solution: Try other versions of the App
This problem can be easily solved. If you don’t have an older version of the app, you can always just try to download it. It should be easy to download and install it.
4. App not Installed error Due to Play Protect or Unsigned App
With Google Play Protect, you can keep your device secure and safe from malicious software on the Google Play Store. The application is run through a security test before it is installed from the Google Play Store. Play Protect scans your device for potentially harmful applications that you might have downloaded from websites other than the Google Play Store, and attempts to block third-party installations on your device. You might be getting the App Not Installed apk error problem because of this feature.
Solution: Turn off Play Protect
- Open your Google Play store app
- Open the Menu
- There you can see an option “Play Protect”
- Click on it
- Then click on the settings icon located at the top right
- Now turn off the play protect protection.
- After doing it, you can install those apps which are not available on the Google play store.
5. Issue with the Package Installer
It is possible that the application installer is itself the problem. An error of some unknown origin may cause the app to fail to install. The data of the package installer needs to be cleared in order to install the apps.
How to Clear data
- Navigate to the settings of the device.
- Open Apps & Notifications>Apps.
- Ensure that Show System Apps is enabled.
- Find the Installer Package in the list.
- Open and go to Storage
- And then click on the clear data button
- Now try to install your app or game again.
So these 5 are the most Pontential Issues and fixes of the app not installed apk error problem. I hope the post was helpful.